Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ode To The Graco Safeseat

(first time in the Graco)

Much thanks to the Graco SafeSeat (in French Roast)! It has been so wonderful to our little Keira. Lots of memories in that chair....first car ride home from the hospital, lots of spit up in its year(s), lots of naps with Keira and the kitty's, lots of crushed goldfish, and many many miles with precious Keira. The time has come for a replacement (which was delivered today!) We will never forget you , Graco...and maybe you will once again be used by a Dwyer (not too soon though!).

Yes yes, Keira has gotten to long for her carrier and we got a new car seat that goes up to 65 pounds. It came today and when I opened the box and set it next to the Graco one, Keira jumped right in, grabbed a book, and started reading. So I guess this will work. I ordered it without even seeing it in person and I think I made a wise choice. It looks so comfy with lots of room to grow. We will still be putting it rear facing because Keira still does not weigh enough, but I think it will not take long until we switch it. I also love the fact that it stays rear facing until 35 pounds since that is the safest way for them to ride. I love the color too. I know that is the least important thing about car seats, but the big ones all seem kinda ugly to me. Brown, or khaki. The pink ones are kinda cute but I don't want to buy another one if we have a boy one day. Our new seat is The First Years - true fit convertible seat in "sporty blue". Here are some pics. It is a monster next to the Graco!


Aspen loves laying in it!

My first week as a teacher has gone really good. It is hard being the new kid on the block. Not to mention, being the only special ed teacher in the whole school. People think I know EVERYTHING! My motto is, "fake it, till you make it". So I just act like I know what people are talking about. And I eventually do figure it all out. I have not met my kids yet. I will start that on Tuesday. This week has been dedicated to scheduling. I have to schedule when my kids leave their regular ed classroom to come see me in mine. And it is really confusing because some need help with math, some language arts, some reading...and they are all on different levels. I know it will be a trial and error thing and will eventually all work out. I am just so excited to meet them though and start teaching and helping them to become better students. It will be a wonderful year, I can already tell. Although I have lots to teach, they have lots to teach me as well! Hope all you teachers are having a wonderful first week!

No comments: