Wednesday, August 20, 2008

28 years ago today...

Today was my birthday and boy it was a great day! Keira and I started off the day sleeping in bed together. She had a little trouble sleeping last night because her ouchies (teeth) were hurting. She has one of her top front in and the other it trying to do the same. So she slept with us last night because B and I were tired of taking turns going to sooth her. It has been a long time since we let her sleep with us and it will probably be a long time until she does it again. I forget what a bed hog she is. I woke up around 8 and we came into the living room where Brodie was watching TV. He gave me a box of cracker jacks and when I opened it there was a set of beautiful diamond hoop ear rings in it. I was so excited. He is so cute like that!

So then Keira and I went to toddler time at the MAC where we met up with Kelly, Avery and Bowen. They all played and played....so much fun. When we were leaving, I checked my messages and realized that a Prinicpal wanted to interview me for a position. So my gracious mother dropped what she was doing to watche Keira while I went home, chaned clothes and went up to interview, all in about one hour. And guess what...I got the job! Yea! I am now a teacher. Such a wonderful feeling. What a wonderful birthday present. I will be the special education inclusion teacher at Richard Wilson Elementary in Fort Worth. It is an older school. My dad actually went to school there from k-5th grade. Such a small world.
I have had such a wonderful 27 years and I know 28 will be just as great!








Im posting some new pics that were taken this past week of Baby K. We went to the Ringling Brothers circus and if you cant tell....K is not a fan of clowns. I think she gets that from me! Have you ever seen IT?



2 comments:

John and Bevin said...

Hey girl! Happy Birthday!!! Congratulations on the new job!!! I am so excited for you!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Ruth said...

What a great day! Diamonds AND a job! I am so excited for you! Happy Birthday!