Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Feet

I have started tap dancing again. I was a dancer in my younger years...for along time actually. I was in tap, ballet, jazz, and point all through elementary and into Jr. High. But them I became the mascot in 9th grade and gave it up to be Wally Gator. I've always wanted to get back into dance...actually just tap. It was always my favorite. So I decided to start it up. Like I don't have enough free time on my hand...but I love it and am so glad to have found my new little dance studio, Frances Lea Dance Studio. This is my 4th week of tap lessons and we finished our first dance tonight. And I must say...I am really good! I am probably the best one in the class. Really! No joke there! (okay, so we only have 4 people, and one is a guy) Not that I have anything against guy tap dancers, but I think they are at a disadvantage because they have bigger feet, and seem a little more...clumsy. The guy in my class does anyway. So I am amazed how quick it came back to me and how happy my feet actually are! And man, I am getting a workout! I sweat so much in that hour. I wish I could go more that just one night a week. I have been practicing in out kitchen sometimes after I get home from work and Keira just loves to watch me and listen to the ratta tap tap! She just smiles and tries to dance with me, even though her shoes are silent. I remember when I had recitals and my dad would always be waiting in the audience with flowers. I can see Brodie there now with a bouquet for Keira. I can not wait until Keira is 2 so she too can show off her happy feet!

1 comment:

John and Bevin said...

Wow! How much fun to be taking dance again! Hope all is well with you guys!! Kiss Keira for me! Lots of love!