Monday, July 14, 2008

One year ago from today...






I now have a one year old. Today is July 14 and if this were one year ago, Keira would be living in the NICU at Arlington memorial and I would be going on another sleepless night because I was so worried about my new little princess. One year has gone by and we are so blessed to have the most gorgous, perfect. smart, and loving baby in the whole world! We have had such an exciting year with lots of laughs, smiles, giggles, crawls, words, hugs, kisses, baby steps, baby signs, zoo trips, parks trips, swimming pools, doggy and kitty kisses, first rodeos, first Ranger games, shopping trips, birthday partys and lots and lots of love. Keira is the light of our lives and I am the happieset mommy in the whole wide world.

We had such a wonderful first birthday with lots of friends and family. Keira was the cutest ever. Partys are so in her element. It was so funny to see her expressions when everyone arrived. It is like she knew the party was for her. She was so excited to see everyone and I know she had so much fun, being the star of the show. Shy is definitly not in her vocabulary. She reacted so funny to all the gifts too. And the cake... She is such a girly, prissy priss that she did not even want to dig in and get too dirty, and I thank her for that. Her danty little fingers finally got covered with icing, but being the caring and giving girl she is, she just wanted to feed mommy!

We are still recovering from the wonderful fun filled weekend.


1 comment:

Ruth said...

And, yeah, we weren't there because I thought the party was Sunday, not Saturday. I am so crushed to have missed it! Can't wait to see the pictures!!