Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Things to do before you turn 2

I do believe that Keira has done more in the past week than most kids her age. She will be turning 2 a week from today. (Yes, I am wiping the tears from my eyes.) This past week was a very busy one for her but so memorable. On Thursday, she started her pre school summer session up. I was going back and forth on weather or not I wanted to do the summer session or not but decided on it. It is so good for her and I know she really does love it. It is also nice for me to have a little time for myself too. I have been going to the gym quite often so it is really nice not to have to worry about her. It also gives me some time to clean house, get dinner ready and so on. On Friday, we went to the Omni with mom and dad. We saw dolphins. It was wonderful and Keira loved it. It is her second movie! She loved watching the dolphins swim. She also loved the helicopter ride in the very beginning. We all enjoyed ourselves and cant wait to go and see Bugs there... maybe next week! On Friday evening, we went to Eileen's barn where Keira, Avery, and Bowen got to go horseback riding. It was so neat to see K on the horse. She loved it so much and never wanted to get off. She rode "Risky" who is such a sweet one. She practically did it all by herself because she did not want me to touch her. So independent....maybe a little too independent. I was so scared she was going to fall off but she held on tight. She kept saying..."hold on very tight". When I finally got her off the horse, she cried all the way home. I think she may end up being a little agg girl. She looked so cute with her cowboy boots and cut off shorts. Now she just needs a cowboy hat. I had my camera but no memory card so sorry....no pics.


This past weekend for the 4th we went to Possum Kingd0m Lake with Susan. It was a lot of fun. Keira went tubing behind the boat. I can't believe it! She was so brave and held on tight. She really loved it which doesn't surprise me. She loves anything that has to do with water. In the pool, she was holding her head under the water for quite some time. She is swimming so good now. On her tummy, on her back and under the water. I can't believe she is this good and not even 2 yet. Even in the bath tub last night she said, "look mommy...I go under". And she put her head under the water. I started counting out loud...1...2...3. And she came up. Then I said, "can you go to 4"? And she did it again....1..2..3..4. And then to 5. She amazes me every day. Keira and Brodie on the tube
Keira and Me on the boat
Keira, Kalob, and Jakob on the boat

Yesterday we went with Denver and Kelly and their kids to Hawaiian Falls water park in Mansfield. It was so fun and I can't wait to go back. The kids loved it...the big kids and the little kids. Brodie and I got to escape and go ride some rides on our own. Its been a long time since I have ridden a water slide in a tube. Even Keira loved the slides. She went down some bigger ones that I was kinda scared to let her go down. Man, that girl has no fear.

So, Have I mentioned that I LOVE SUMMER?

And on that note....I went to weigh in at Jenny Craig last night.....I lost 5 pounds in one week! I am so happy and am realizing that all those hunger pains were worth it, and they not really that bad this week so far.

No comments: